Update October 6, 2021: 2 Spots Remain Open
“Become a Published Travel Writer With Personal Guidance and Support Direct from Intrepid Times Editors”
🧭 Learn How to Get Established as a Travel Writer in Today’s World
✒️ Improve Your Skills With Expert Feedback on Each Story You Send Us
🎧 Listen to Over 12 Hours of Exclusive Travel Writing Masterclasses
(+ Get a New Masterclass Monthly)
“I am endlessly grateful for my mentorship with Jennifer and Nathan of Intrepid Times, as it helped me sift through the noise and share my true written voice. I learned how to sprinkle in personal details while still appealing broadly to readers and I learned how to balance being both descriptive and direct. Writing about adventure is an adventure unto itself and I am thrilled to launch into the publication world!”
Your mind spins with travel stories, but how do you capture the full meaning of your experience in words? And once you’ve done that, how do you cut through the noise, and get your work published, distributed, and read by an appreciative audience around the world?
We’re here to help you make that happen. Founded in early 2020 to help aspiring travel writers overcome unprecedented challenges, the Intrepid Times Private Writer’s Club is still going strong well over a year later.
With a huge archive of writing masterclasses at your fingertips the moment you join, as well as direct access to the Intrepid Times editors, this is the ultimate resource to help you find your voice and achieve your unique writing goals.
Working closely with Intrepid Times editors, you’ll learn how to transform your travels – past, present and future – into compelling stories that editors will be falling over themselves to publish.
Open to new members only for limited periods each year, the Intrepid Times Private Writer’s Club gives you three valuable resources to help you take your writing to the next level, both creatively and professionally:
Resource #1: Hone Your Craft with Monthly Travel Writing Masterclasses
Every month, get access to a new masterclass focused on a different area of the travel writing craft. Techniques are covered, as well as insights into mindset, staying motivated plus the business side of writing and publishing. Some lessons feature special guests including established journalists, publishers and world-renown travel writers. (Each masterclass is yours to keep for life, and you get access to the full vault of over 12 hours worth of existing masterclasses the moment you join).
Resource #2: Feedback, Mentorship and Guidance from Intrepid Times Editors
Send us your writing and we’ll work closely with you to help you take it to the next level. Some members use this to trial pieces for publication on Intrepid Times or other publications. Others use it to help them get out of ruts and bring ideas that they have long been working on into fruition. How you use this resource is up to you: Imagine having professional editors “on call” whenever you have a draft or an idea you are looking to improve!
Resource #3: Introductions to Our Wide Network of Publication Partners
It’s a hard industry-truth that writing success is as much who you know as how well you can write. Membership gives you priority consideration when it comes to getting your work considered and published on Intrepid Times. But that’s not all. Over years in the publishing and media industries, our editors have forged close networks of media contacts, book publishers, friends and partners who run publications around the world. We are happy to make appropriate introductions to make it easier for you to get your work published far and wide.
“The most crucial thing I’m carrying forward from this process is about creating as much value and meaning as possible for the reader. It’s so easy to fall into a diary-style trap when telling travel stories, especially as the essence of them is often rooted in the writer’s personal experiences. This is something I was struggling with; leaving too many breadcrumbs and not enough space for interpretation. But working with the editors at Intrepid Times has allowed me to start moving past that! I feel I can now convey my passion and honesty as an author much better, whilst feeling more connected with my audience.”
Here’s What You’ll Find in the Masterclass Archive…
The moment you join, you’ll get instant access to the full vault of travel writing masterclasses (over 12 hours of audio lessons!). Most lessons include an audio class of approximately one hour, accompanied by an easy-reference PDF workbook. The masterclasses are direct, practical and useful. Rich in real world examples, you’ll boost your confidence and get a clear sense of exactly what to do (and what not to do) as a travel writer.
- Masterclass #1: Write an Irresistible Opening Paragraph that Editors Will Love
- Masterclass #2: How a Professional Journalist Writes a Travel Story (With Guest Thomas Heaton from the Kathmandu Post)
- Masterclass #3: The Magic of Storytelling for Travel Writers
- Masterclass #4: Be Your Own Editor – Avoid Mistakes and Deliver a Draft to be Proud Of
- Masterclass #5: Find Your Unique Voice – And Live as a Travel Writer Even When You’re Stuck at Home (With Alyss Thomas)
- Masterclasses #6&7: The Journey to Getting Your Travel Writing Published (Two part series with multiple real-world, practical examples)
- Masterclass #8: How to Get Your Travel Book Published
- Masterclass #9: Writing to Persuade & Getting Established as a Writer for Hire
- Masterclass #10: How to Write a Compelling Conclusion
- Masterclass #11: Private, Time-Sensitive Content for Active Members on March 23, 2021
- Masterclass #12: One Year of Pandemic Travel Writing
- Masterclass #13: The Art of the Pitch
- Masterclass #14: Staying Motivated No Matter What
- Masterclass #15: Making Space and Time to Write
- Masterclass #16: Travel Stories Vs. Travel Guides
- Masterclass #17: Building Your Writer’s Platform
- Masterclass #18: Coming October 2021
Get a New Travel Writing Masterclass Each Month Based on YOUR Writing Goals
As a member, you will be able to influence the content of future monthly masterclasses and get your questions answered by our editors. Have your say and help us select the content that interests you most for future lessons, topics we are considering include…
- Book Publishing Success: How to navigate the tricky world of traditional publishing and become a published author [Update December 2020: This Masterclass is now complete and ready for you in the archives!]
- The Writing Business: How do professional writers and travel writers actually make a living with their words, especially in today’s world? [Update January 2021: This is now ready for you in the member’s area]
- The Dark Arts: Psychological hacks we shouldn’t speak about that make your writing irresistibly compelling
- You Tell Us: Let us know – as a member you will have a “direct line” to our editors to have your say!
“The feedback provided by Nathan and the team was incredibly quick and valuable. Nathan explained how to describe a scene rather than merely stating how it made me feel. While remaining positive at all times, he showed me where I was wasting words and how to reallocate them towards writing a story that truly transports the reader. Most importantly, I learned how to take a real-life journey, strip it down, and then rebuild it as a compelling story.“
Become a Travel Writer
Begin Your “Writer’s Club” Membership Today
Get in while you can: We only open to new members during select windows when our editors have capacity to welcome new writers and guarantee personal attention and feedback on the stories you send in.
Here’s what you’re about to get as a Private Writer’s Club member:
- Personal Support: We’ll read every story you send and provide helpful, honest and friendly feedback to help you bring your stories to life.
- Publication Guidance: Whether you want to see your work published on Intrepid Times or elsewhere, in print or online, we’ll use our experience and connections to help.
- Monthly Masterclasses: Hone your craft and overcome barriers to success with monthly masterclasses that go deep on the art and science of travel writing.
- Masterclass Archives: Get instant access to over 10 hours (and counting) of audio lessons covering everything from the structure of storytelling to staying motivated no matter what!
Become a Writer’s Club Member Now and Save $30/ Month!
(Previous price: US $77/month – current promo rate: US $47/month)
You can easily cancel your membership anytime. Plus, if, for any reason, you are not thrilled with your experience as a member, you let us know within 30 days for a full refund of your most recent payment.
For support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we keep membership numbers strictly limited to allow time for all members to get in-depth personal support from Intrepid Times editors. New members are only accepted during select, limited time frames when there are places available. When new member registration is closed, the “Join” button will not be visible.
PS This lovely piece of feedback for our co-editor, Jennifer, just came through from a new Private Writer’s Club member:
I’m glad to have become a PWC [Private Writer’s Club] member! Thank you so much for all your work and time editing my article. This is the first time I had an editor review one of my stories and “I’m over the moon!” (Cliche? Smile) Seriously, I’m thankful for all your comments; analyzing them, I can see how much they improve my story.
I can’t wait till next month.