UPDATE April 17, 2021: And That’s a Wrap – All “Writer’s Club” Spaces Are Currently Full! Please Join Our Newsletter To Be Informed When a Space Opens Up
“Take Your Travel Writing To the World With Supportive Feedback and Expert Guidance Direct From Intrepid Times Editors”
“I am endlessly grateful for my mentorship with Jennifer and Nathan of Intrepid Times, as it helped me sift through the noise and share my true written voice. I learned how to sprinkle in personal details while still appealing broadly to readers and I learned how to balance being both descriptive and direct. Writing about adventure is an adventure unto itself and I am thrilled to launch into the publication world!”
Your mind spins with travel stories, but how do you capture the full meaning of your experience in words? And once you’ve done that, how do you cut through the noise, and get your work published, distributed, and read by an appreciative audience around the world?
We’re here to help you make that happen. Working closely with Intrepid Times editors, you’ll learn how to transform your travels – past, present and future – into compelling stories that editors will be falling over themselves to publish.
Open to new members only for limited periods each year, the Intrepid Times Private Writer’s Club gives you four valuable resources to help you take your writing to the next level, both creatively and professionally:
- Resource #1: Monthly Travel Writing Masterclasses
Each month, get access to a new audio and PDF masterclass focused on a different area of the travel writing craft. Each lesson is yours to keep for life, and you get access to the full vault of existing masterclasses the moment you join.
- Resource #2: Feedback, Mentorship and Guidance from Intrepid Times Editors
As a member, you are able to send through a draft article every month to get feedback and guidance from Intrepid Times editors. You can discuss ideas, try out new approaches, and get an “editor’s eye view” on exactly what you need to do to make your writing as good as it can be.
- Resource #3: Call Yourself an Official “Intrepid Times Travel Writer”
As a Writer’s Club member, you’ll be able to call yourself an “Intrepid Times Travel Writer” – something you can add to your LinkedIn and share with your network, attesting you your dedication to the art and craft of storytelling and the proud tradition of travel writing.
- Resource #4: Introductions to Our Wide Network of Publication Partners
Membership gives you priority consideration when it comes to getting your work considered and published on Intrepid Times. But that’s not all. Over years in the publishing and media industries, our editors have forged close networks of media contacts and partners who run print and online publications around the world. We will make appropriate introductions to make it easier for you to get your work published (and be paid for your writing).
“The feedback provided by Nathan and the team was incredibly quick and valuable. Nathan explained how to describe a scene rather than merely stating how it made me feel. While remaining positive at all times, he showed me where I was wasting words and how to reallocate them towards writing a story that truly transports the reader. Most importantly, I learned how to take a real-life journey, strip it down, and then rebuild it as a compelling story.”
Here’s What You’ll Find in the Masterclass Archive…
The moment you join, you’ll get instant access to the full vault of travel writing masterclasses. Most lessons include an audio class of approximately one hour, accompanied by an easy-reference PDF workbook. The masterclasses are direct, practical and useful. Rich in real world examples, you’ll boost your confidence and get a clear sense of exactly what to do (and what not to do) as a travel writer.
- Masterclass #1: Write an Irresistible Opening Paragraph that Editors Will Love
- Masterclass #2: How a Professional Journalist Writes a Travel Story (With Guest Thomas Heaton from the Kathmandu Post)
- Masterclass #3: The Magic of Storytelling for Travel Writers
- Masterclass #4: Be Your Own Editor – Avoid Mistakes and Deliver a Draft to be Proud Of
- Masterclass #5: Find Your Unique Voice – And Live as a Travel Writer Even When You’re Stuck at Home (With Alyss Thomas)
- Masterclasses #6&7: The Journey to Getting Your Travel Writing Published (Two part series with multiple real-world, practical examples)
- Masterclass #8: How to Get Your Travel Book Published
- Masterclass #9: Writing to Persuade & Getting Established as a Writer for Hire
- Masterclass #10: How to Write a Compelling Conclusion
- Masterclass #11: Private, Time-Sensitive Content for Active Members on March 23, 2021
Plus, Get a New Travel Writing Masterclass Each Month Based on YOUR Writing Goals
As a member, you will be able to influence the content of future monthly masterclasses and get your questions answered by our editors. Have your say and help us select the content that interests you most for future lessons, topics we are considering include…
- Book Publishing Success: How to navigate the tricky world of traditional publishing and become a published author [Update December 2020: This Masterclass is now complete and ready for you in the archives!]
- The Writing Business: How do professional writers and travel writers actually make a living with their words, especially in today’s world? [Update January 2021: This is now ready for you in the member’s area]
- The Dark Arts: Psychological hacks we shouldn’t speak about that make your writing irresistibly compelling
- You Tell Us: Let us know – as a member you will have a “direct line” to our editors to have your say!
“The most crucial thing I’m carrying forward from this process is about creating as much value and meaning as possible for the reader. It’s so easy to fall into a diary-style trap when telling travel stories, especially as the essence of them is often rooted in the writer’s personal experiences. This is something I was struggling with; leaving too many breadcrumbs and not enough space for interpretation. But working with the editors at Intrepid Times has allowed me to start moving past that! I feel I can now convey my passion and honesty as an author much better, whilst feeling more connected with my audience.”
Secure Your “Writer’s Club” Membership Today:
You’re about to get…
- Instant access to the full vault of travel writing masterclasses
- Feedback and mentorship on your writing direct from Intrepid Times editors
- A new masterclass every month, influenced by your writing goals
- Priority consideration to get your travel writing published on Intrepid Times
- Recommendations and referrals to our network of partner publications
- Official “Intrepid Times Travel Writer” status
Previous price: US $77/month – current discount rate: US $47/month (Save $30/Month!)
Membership is Currently Full – Please Join Our Newsletter Or Drop Us an Email To Be Informed When a Space Opens Up
Cancel anytime. If, for any reason, you are not thrilled with your experience as a member, let us know within 30 days for a full refund of your most recent payment. For support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we keep membership numbers strictly limited to allow time for all members to get personal support from Intrepid Times editors. New members are only accepted during select, limited time frames when there are places available. When new member registration is closed, the “Join” button will not be visible.
PS This lovely piece of feedback for our co-editor, Jennifer, just came through from a new Private Writer’s Club member:
I’m glad to have become a PWC member! Thank you so much for all your work and time editing my article. This is the first time I had an editor review one of my stories and “I’m over the moon!” (Cliche? Smile) Seriously, I’m thankful for all your comments; analyzing them, I can see how much they improve my story.
I can’t wait till next month.